1. Writing is stressful. Editing is stressful. You will now consider me the apocalyptic one.
2. Remind yourself what you’re doing at all times.
3. Do it regularly. Write every day. Write it down. Get it done. Don’t just sit there and think. Write chapter 1. Then write chapter 2.
4. Don’t stress about reading too much stuff similar to what you’re writing. Don’t stop reading.
5. And lastly… this is your shit. Stick up for yourself, son.
Addendum from fellow author Lee Rourke… when all the above is done and you’re editing… listen to this on repeat: